SBA & Government Guaranteed Lending Solutions
HSCNB Bank understands that a business needs readily available capital to grow and be competitive. When your business needs financing for new equipment, working capital or to purchase a commercial building, consider an SBA Loan with HSCNB Bank. We are deeply committed to providing an exceptional level of service through fast, in-house decision making.
Small Business Administration Loan Options
The Small Business Administration (SBA) does not make direct loans to small businesses. Rather, SBA sets the guidelines for loans, which are then made by partners like HSCNB Bank. So when a business applies for an SBA loan, it is actually applying for a commercial loan, structured according to SBA requirements with an SBA guaranty.
If you are approved for a 7(a) loan, the loan proceeds may be used to establish a new business or to assist in the acquisition, operation, or expansion of an existing business. Some eligible uses of a 7(a) loan include: commercial real estate acquisition, new construction or facility expansion, equipment purchase, long or short term working capital, and purchase of an existing business.
The 504 Loan Program provides approved small businesses with long-term, fixed-rate financing used to acquire fixed assets for expansion or modernization. These loans are typically structured so that the borrower's obligation is only 10% of the project costs, though under certain circumstances a borrower may be obligated to up to 20%.
What you need to get started:
- Proof of past and future earnings
- A personal and business credit history
- A clearly defined business plan
- A completed loan application
USDA Business and Industry Loan Options
The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Business and Industry Loan Guarantee (USDA B&I) program guarantees loans made by HSCNB Bank to businesses that benefit rural communities. The program's primary purpose is to create and maintain employment while helping improve the economic climate of the rural communities HSCNB Bank serves. Please note: A company's inability to obtain other credit is NOT a requirement.
To be eligible, a business must meet the following basic criteria:
- Provide new employment opportunities or maintain an existing workforce
- Projects must be located in a rural area - beyond any 50,000 + population city and its urbanized periphery
- Proprietorships, Partnerships, Corporations, LLC's, Co-Ops, Trusts, Non-Profits, Tribes, and Public Bodies are eligible
- Majority ownership must be held by US Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Any ownership by government or military employees must be less than 20%
B&I Loan Proceeds can be used for:
- Business and industrial acquisitions, construction, conversion, expansion, repair, modernization or development costs
- Purchase of equipment, machinery or supplies
- Start-up costs and working capital
- Processing and marketing facilities
- Pollution control and abatement
- Refinancing for viable projects, under certain conditions
Loan guarantees are limited to a maximum of $10 million per borrower, although the Rural Business-Cooperative Programs Administrator can grant up to $25 million.
Contact a HSCNB Bank SBA Loan Specialist to Get Started
This is the time to take advantage of low interest rates with a lender who has money to lend. We can offer you a no-cost, no obligation loan evaluation.
Contact Roger Gilbert, Vice President and Business Development Officer of Government Guaranteed Lending to schedule an appointment that fits your schedule.
Loans subject to credit approval.