Shop online or at any point of sale merchant that accepts Visa® with the convenience of a HSCNB Bank Debit Card. The funds will be debited directly from your HSCNB Bank account. Need cash? HSCNB Bank has partnered with the Allpoint ATM network in convenient locations that include Target®, CVS Pharmacy®, Costco®, Walgreens®, Safeway® and 7-Eleven®.
Enhanced Security for your Debit Card
HSCNB Bank debit cards have chip technology. The embedded computer chip provides more security and wider international acceptance.
A microchip embedded in the card adds a layer of protection against fraud for purchases made at the point of sale. Information programmed into the chip is personalized for your account and each transaction generates a unique code, adding an extra safeguard against unauthorized use and counterfeiting.
These cards are already in wide use around the world and are now becoming the standard in the U.S.
Get the mobile app that lets you control card usage and spending on the go. With the Card Valet® app you can:
- Decide where, when and how to use your card
- Protect access to your card with easy on/off controls
- Take control of your card spending
CardValet is a registered trademark of Fiserv, Inc. or its affiliates. For more information, visit CardValet.com.
To protect your account, HSCNB Bank partners with a third party to monitor your ATM and debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity. If your transactions are suspected to be fraudulent, you will receive a call to validate the legitimacy of your transactions.
If we suspect fraudulent ATM or debit card use, the following will occur:
- Our automated call will ask you to verify recent transaction activity on your card
- You’ll be able to respond via your touchtone keypad
- If you are unable to be reached, a voicemail will be left with a callback number
- You will never be asked to provide your account number, social security number, or any other personal information
Some of the transaction activities which may prompt a call include:
- A sudden change in the locale of transactions
- A sudden string of costly purchases
- Any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world
- Your response to the call is critical to prevent potential fraud and avoid restrictions that may be placed on your card. To ensure we can continue to reach you, please keep us informed of your correct phone number and address at all times.